TRITON N-DOC - The next level test to understand your water chemistry.
Modern reef keeping requires a deeper understanding of water chemistry.
With a TRITON N-DOC test, for the first time, you can identify your real alkalinity (inorganic carbon), alcohol, sugars, etc. (organic carbon) and one of the main nutrient components in the aquarium (Nitrogen).
Together with TRITON ICP you can now consciously manipulate your nutrient ratios (N:C:P).
A professional laboratory service, with over a decade of marine aquarium research, providing you with the most modern advice.
N-DOC at a glance:
- Deliver insights into complex organic systems in seawater: Carbon and Nitrogen
- Use N/C/P ratio to manage sources of Carbon / Amino acid and control their influence on bacteria and corals in reef aquaria. (*Note: P value measured separately via recent ICP test or manually)
- Eliminate problems caused by blind dosing
- Use for problem solving and determining the need for water changes
- Troubleshoot common problems such as tissue necrosis and cyanobacteria
- Measure true Alkalinity, free from external influences
That is how it works:
- 1. Create an account at triton-lab.de/en/register and confirm it by email.
- 2. Log in, create virtual aquarium and connect barcode.
- 3. Take water sample (+ backup sample) from your aquarium.
- 4. Submit and be notified of arrival at the lab by email and view results online between 24-48 hours days after arrival in Germany.
Check out what a test looks like and what you get by clicking on these example test links:
This item ships for FREE to the German lab and will be tested in Germany.
However you are responsible for domestic return shipping of the test back to us. Also, please note that, if you are ordering a kit only (without any other items), select "Local Pickup/Add-on Order/Triton Test" shipping method upon checkout for free shipping to you!
“The Nitrogen cycle in reef tanks is more complicated than the Nitrate measured with traditional test kits.
Likewise, Carbon and Alkalinity exist in more forms than have been measured in the past.
Collectively, these compounds feed the bacteria and algae that cause problems in reef tanks.
N-DOC organics solves this problem by accurately measuring the relevant organic compounds that trigger bacterial and algal blooms.
N-DOC puts the aquarist in complete control of reef husbandry.”
Ehsan Dashti, TRITON chief scientist.
The packaging may be different when you receive the product. However, this does not reduce its quality as well as performance, and is exactly the same product.